I couldn't stop walking after Santiago. Last time I was here I had wanted to walk to Finisterre, to the end of the world, but hurricane-like weather prevented me from making the journey on foot. So this time, I walked it. Only got soaked one day ... the others were surprisingly sunny, or at least a mix of sun and rain.
It felt wonderful to walk to the ocean, and to meet many other pilgrims from the other routes. Lots of camaraderie, and a new energy for that part of my journey.
I then walked from Finisterre to Muxia, a small fishing village which is a great place to rest after a very long walk. Beautiful, relaxed, on the ocean. Still lots of peregrinos celebrating the walk, resting, a quiet energy. And today is sunny, so I shall enjoy watching the waves.
Monday, May 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow, congratulations on another completed walk, Nancy! You are an inspiration. What next? Will you stay longer in Spain, go elsewhere, or come back to Canada?
Post a Comment